Frequently Asked Questions

What is the difference between MPPs and MPs?

Members of Provincial Parliament (MPP) represent constituents at the provincial level, in the Ontario Legislative Assembly. Federal Members of Parliament (MP) represent constituents at the federal level, in the House of Commons. I am the MPP for Oxford, and I was elected to represent the concerns of everyone living in the riding of Oxford regarding provincial responsibilities at Queen’s Park.

What can MPP Ernie Hardeman’s office help me with?

There are three levels of government in Canada – federal, provincial, and municipal – each with its own set of responsibilities. My office can help you with provincial responsibilities and services, including:

  • Birth Certificates
  • Commissioner of Oaths
  • Congratulatory Certificates
  • FRO
  • MTO
  • OHIP Renewals
  • Social Services

A full list of the different responsibilities and services can be found here.

How do I obtain a new or replacement birth certificate?

Our constituency office can help to expedite a new or replacement birth certificate needed urgently for reasons such as travel or employment. The Office of the Registrar General requires proof of urgency, such as plane tickets or hotel reservations. Regular processing times for birth certificates are approximately 6-8 weeks. Each person’s request is unique. For more information, please contact our constituency office.

Where can I renew or replace my OHIP card?

Click here for a fact sheet on replacing OHIP cards.

How can I obtain Power of Attorney forms?

You can find an online Power of Attorney kit at the web site for Ontario’s Ministry of the Attorney General. Click here for more information.

Where can I find information on the Trillium Drug Program?

Click here to access information on the Trillium Drug Program, as well as an application form.

How do I register a complaint about a consumer product or service?

Ontario’s Ministry of Public and Business Service Delivery deals with consumer protection and assists in resolving complaints with companies. Consumer Protection Ontario can be reached at 1-800-889-9768. An Online Complaint Form is also available.

Where can I find Ontario travel information?

You can find information on a wide variety of things to see and do in Ontario as well as travel tips, maps and weather information at the Official Website of Ontario Tourism.